Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

13/09/08

This happened about 6 months back on my brother Anshit's birthday ( 13th September ). If you would remember , on this very day Delhi had been left in shock because of the the serial blasts in the busiest market places of the city.
Anshit was unable to decide on a programme for his eighteenth birthday a few days before the 13th of that month. Eighteenth birthday man ! Who wouldnt love to throw a grand party ? And his mind was in utter chaos. Almost everyday he would ask me whether to have a satsang on his birthday or a lovely party at home. From my experience, I preferred the latter!
( Now you wouldnt expect that thinking that I have a world of my own in which parties take a back seat ! )
Moreover, Anshit was ( is infact ) good at organising parties. He did that quite well on my birthday when my mom was busy doing her DSN course.
So, after a series of discussions we decided to have a party. We : That includes me and a handful of his friends.
But very strangely , Anshit gave his verdict of having a satsang!
Lo !
Seriously , he is NOT a guy who would love to have a satsang on his birthday. That too when he was turniing legal :) And that too when no superb singer and a superb place were available...
I kept persuading him to go for a party but finally his decision was binding.
13th September 2009
5:30 pm : Mom was home. She had to get us all on our toes and do the last minute arrangements for a satsang at 7:00 pm .
The satsang began..
In no time, I started getting messages from my friends asking me to give them a missed call or message them about my safety.
(At 7:00 pm blasts had triggerred off at the sites.)
I was terrified.
(I was the only one at home at this time and was still getting ready for the satsang.)
Everybody had fun in the satsang..Sang, danced , had dinner and went home.
That night I was discussing the incident with Mom.
She told me that at the very site of the bomb blast in the Greater Kailash - I Market, it was almost certain for my Mom and my younger Masi to stand there. These two ladies( I just mentioned) are shopping freaks and it is a routine for them to wind up their shopping by 6:45 and stand at the Momos' stall around 7:00 pm on Saturdays.
But that day both of them had given up their shopping desires to make it for the satsang...

That is Anshit with Mom..

And that is Masi with her lil' angels..



I call this Guru Grace.

What would you call this ?!

love

Jai Gurudeva

Anshika

11 comments:

  1. its indeed Guru grace ..... its so amazing to see how his grace has made our life a blissful one .....and whenever incidents like these happens we feel so grateful to him for whatever he has given us ........

    ReplyDelete
  2. guruz grace i say..........jai gurudeva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup !
    Every single incident reinforces our faith ... It is indeed so amazing ! :-)
    Log kehte hain khuda nazar nahi aata, unko bhej do humare satsangf mein , log kahenge khuda ke siva kuch nazzar nahi aata :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, i liked the way u put it about "Khuda" in the comment above mine...and obvio the article!
    Another one,i heard it in a Sufi song, titled "Wahi khuda hai"-
    "Dikhai bhi jo naa de,nazar bhi jo aa raha hai ,
    wahi khuda hai...wahi khuda hai!"
    Jgd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to be a nice song Tanny ! :) Can I get it ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to share it,but i heard it on the radio and as luck would have it i didn't even catch the singer's name! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. never mind ! bet ya, it is coming soon ! :) either to you or to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. **and then through each other , to both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice story.... u nvr shared it wid me pehle...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails